So, you are planning to schedule your wax appointment or do it yourself at home. Well, every woman wants to have flawless beautiful, and hair free skin. However, when it comes to removing unwanted hair, it doesn’t sound like a walk in the park. May it be waxing or saving; many of us find it really daunting to get rid of unwanted body or facial hair. However, it doesn’t have to be a scary experience if you understand all the facts about waxing. If you are going to get waxed for the first time, here are some dos and don’ts that will help you prepare for the process –
- Understand what is waxing and prepare yourself. Waxing is a semi-permanent technique that involves the application of wax and then pulling the hair from the root to remove hair. Basically, the wax sticks to the hairs, and then cloth or strip is used to rip away from the follicles in the opposite direction of hair growth. As this method involves hair removal at the root level, this usually gives long-lasting results.
- Be ready for the pain. As this method involves pulling hair, it certainly hurts. So prepare yourself for pain.
- Take a painkiller. If you have a low pain threshold, consult your health care expert for pain relievers that you can take before your wax appointment.
- Book an appointment. If you are doing it for the first time, it is better to visit the salon or spa. The qualified and trained staff has experience and expertise to do the task in an easier and effective way.
- Follow a regular exfoliating and moisturizing routine to keep your skin a lot smoother. This also helps in easy hair removal.
- Read and follow instructions on waxing kit/products before doing waxing yourself.
- Keep your skin hydrated.
- Take a shower before heading to the parlor appointment.
- Apply mild antiseptic cream to the area for a few days afterward. This will protect it from infection.
- Avoid triggers such as exercise, alcohol, and caffeine a couple of days before your wax appointment. This will help alleviate pain.
- Do not apply any kind of oil, lotion on the area that you intend to get waxed.
- Do not shave before waxing. The hair needs to be about a quarter of an inch long for waxing to be effective. So never trim or shave before your waxing appointment.
- Do not wear tight clothes for a couple of days after waxing.
- Do not take hot showers and sauna baths for a couple after waxing.
- Do not touch the waxed area too much.
- Do not apply deodorants or body sprays to the area after waxing.
To conclude, whether you plan a parlor appointment or want to do it yourself, keeping your skin supple and moisturized before and after waxing is very important. Follow all the above-mentioned tips, and you will surely get smooth skin more easily and effectively.