No matter whether you were injured on someone else’s property, or have suffered injuries in a car accident caused by the other driver, you may have the right to seek compensation. Personal injury laws are always complicated. In Arizona, the comparative fault rule applies, which means if you have a part role in the accident, you may lose some of the deserved compensation. So, how do you choose the best Tucson personal injury attorney? We have a few pointers that may come in handy.
- Shortlist a few options. If you have friends, family members, or colleagues who have worked with lawyers for personal injury lawsuits, ask for references. In case that’s not possible, check on Google. Most law firms and personal injury attorneys in Arizona have their own websites, so you can find considerable details online.
- Meet a personal injury attorney in person. While most lawyers will be happy to offer a free and no-obligation consultation for your case, but instead of talking on the phone, discuss the same in person. This also helps you to understand their experience, approach, and expertise better.
- Ask about their approach. Will your attorney investigate the case on their own? How do they typically negotiate with insurance companies? Will they consult with medical experts to know your injuries better? Are they experienced with claims and lawsuits similar to yours? These are some of the basic questions worth asking.
- No fee without settlement. In case of personal injury lawsuits, most lawyers prefer to work on a contingency basis. They will only charge a fee, if they win a settlement for you. Their fee is usually an agreed percentage of the compensation amount.
- Get references. If a personal injury attorney has been around in Tucson or practicing in Arizona for years, they will have enough clients and wouldn’t shy away from sharing references. Call up a few of their existing clients to know more.
Finally, consider your comfort level with a personal injury attorney, and this is one of the many reasons why the first meeting is so important. They can help you know your rights, and as needed, they will negotiate with the insurance company of the driver/party at fault, to get the compensation that you deserve. Ask the lawyer as what percentage of their cases go to trial and how they approach such lawsuits, because eventually, you should be able to recover your losses.