Ulcerative colitis is a common kind of inflammatory bowel illness. The symptoms of this condition make your everyday activities seem frightening and may also affect career, self-esteem, and relationships. It is the main reason why affected individuals want to reduce flare-ups and inflammation caused by this disease. Ulcerative colitis (UC) causes inflammation problem in the digestive tract only in your large intestine. You can easily find out this problem with a few symptoms, including:
- Fast heart rate
- Appetite loss or weight loss
- Pus or blood in the stool
- Gastrointestinal problem and abdominal pain
The severe form of this disease can cause digestive issues like diarrhea or vomiting. If you want to manage this condition safely, you can opt for ulcerative colitis natural treatment. There are several ways available to manage this condition naturally. This article shares you useful tips, so you can follow them carefully to achieve the desired results.
Few chemicals available in plants may aid you in reducing the symptoms of this condition. It includes Indian gooseberry, Olive oil, Grapes, Green tea, Cocoa, Black raspberry, an edible mushroom named Agaricus blazei, Huckleberry or bilberry, Apples and Bael.
Take anti-inflammatory diet
It is a special kind of diet which aims to avoid the food items which are associated with increased inflammation. The unique thing about this diet is that it suggests you foods which can aid you in fighting the inflammatory symptoms. It includes:
- You can avoid the excess intake of sugar
- Avoid refined carbohydrates like white bread
- Do not take processed meats and packaged foods
- You can reduce or eliminate the consumption of trans fats
- Consume the food items which are rich in antioxidant like blueberries
- You can opt for a Mediterranean diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and seeds.
Exercise helps to manage several complications linked with ulcerative colitis. It includes an unhealthy immune system, weight gain, emotional health issues, reduced bone density, and stress.
It is highly advised to consider moderate-intensity exercises such as biking or swimming, 3 or 4 days every seven days. In fact, the moderate exercise can release the protective myokines like irisin from your skeletal muscles. It not only promotes healing but also helps with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) inflammation.
Yoga is another ulcerative colitis natural treatment because it targets your digestive system and promotes relaxation. Most significantly, it is flooding the region with nutrition and oxygen for healing.
Other useful tips to stay healthy
Even though avoiding or consuming a few food items is essential, but few practical strategies aid you in reducing the symptoms. It includes:
- Take electrolyte drinks for maintaining your electrolyte balance while diarrhea problem threatens dehydration
- Consume many small meals daily instead of taking three large meals
- Opt for Vitamin D and calcium resources to avoid bone loss and calcium deficiency
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated
- Instead of opting for restrictive diets, you can eat well
- Consider low-fiber diet
- Do not take milk products because many individuals with this condition are fully lactose intolerant
- Reduce the intake of buttery, greasy foods