Excess body weight is the sixth most important risk factor in the world. The mortality rate associated with obesity is also increasing rapidly. If we look at the data, the prevalence of obesity in India is increasing faster than the global average & is expected to reach up to 30.5% among men & 27.4% among women.
So, what is the solution? Well, there are many options available to deal with this problem. Regular exercise & proper diet is the first step you should take. But unfortunately, very few people can maintain this due to a busy schedule & active lifestyle. Today we have several treatment methods available. But many of them are either very costly or surgical methods which patients are afraid of. If you are also one of them, don’t worry. We have the solution to your problem. Carboxy Therapy is one of the highly recommended treatment methods available. It is also a non-surgical & minimal invasive method. In this method, Carbon dioxide gas is injected into your skin. Sounds interesting, right?
If you also want to know more about this treatment, this article is for you. In this article, Dr. Shweta explains everything that you should know about this treatment method. Dr. Shweta is one of the best skin specialist in Indiranagar, Bangalore.
What is Carboxytherapy?
Carboxytherapy is a non-surgical treatment for fat reduction. It is also used for several other medical conditions such as stretch marks, dark circles, etc. In this method, Carbon dioxide is injected into your skin. Once the basis injected skin, your body will see this as a lack of oxygen. This will increase the blood flow in that area to boost the oxygen level. This also results in blood vessel formulation. This stimulates the production of collagen & elastin which are the growth factors. The main objective is to reduce fatty deposits & cellulite in the skin. Gas can be injected even in thin skin such as around the eyes without any complications. It takes around 8-12 sessions to complete the treatment & to get visible results.
How Carboxytherapy Works?
The process is quite simple. The doctor will use a small needle connected with a Carbon dioxide tank via a sterile tube. The doctor will inject the needle at a 45-degree angle into the subcutaneous tissue of your skin. The process takes around 15-30 minutes. Your doctor might use a numbing cream so that you don’t feel any pain during the process.
Major principles behind this method are-
- Carboxytherapy increases the collagen in the skin. This thickens the skin & improves appearance. This principle is used to reduce stretch marks.
- Gas is injected in fat cells which bursts the cells to eliminate them from the body. This principle is used for cellulite treatment.
- It is also used to treat dark circles. Injecting the gas under the eyelid causes red blood cells to rush to the area. This improves blood circulation & reduce the bluish mark. It also adds a blush tone to the treated area.
- One of the major reasons for hair loss is less blood circulation or poor blood circulation in the scalp. With this method, the blood circulation can be improved which will affect the growth factors in the treated area & will help in the growth of new hair.
- Do not consume alcohol before 48 hours of treatment as it will thin your blood which might cause further complications.
- Discuss your clinical history with your doctor. Depending on that, he might prescribe medicines or might ask you to stop taking any medicine that you are already consuming.
- If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, you must inform your doctor.
- Try to maintain a healthy diet before one week of treatment.
- Discuss the allergic reaction.
- Do not massage the treated area if not asked by the doctor.
- Avoid heavy workouts to prevent excessive sweating.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight for at least 2 days.
- Avoid alcohol & salt consumption.
- Consult with your doctor in case of an allergic reaction.
- You can trust this method as this method is being used since 1932. Surprisingly this method was being used in royal spas only. But thanks to the continuous advancement in the medical field, today this method is used to treat several skin conditions including scar, stretch marks, etc.
- It brightens the skin & adds a natural glow. This method is also popular among doctors to treat wrinkles & fine lines.
- It hydrates the skin. The hydration rate might even high up to 110% in some cases. It provides moisturizing benefits & rejuvenates the skin.
- It can remove fatty cells from most parts of the body. Nowadays, this treatment is used to reduce fat from arms, buttocks, legs, pelvic areas, stomach.
- It takes very little time for the process to complete. Moreover, no bed rest is required which means you can get back to your daily work on the same day of treatment.
- The whole process is non-surgical, less invasive & painless. In case you are afraid of needles, your doctor will use creams to numb the area & you won’t feel any sensation.
- The chances of complications are also negligible. Even there is no chance of anesthesia reaction that makes it one of the best treatment methods.
- The treatment is affordable compared to other methods.
Is Carboxytherapy a Permanent Treatment?
Well, the answer depends upon your lifestyle. This method will reduce the size of fat cells accumulated in an isolated area. It won’t destroy them. This means that the cells can again accumulate fat & can get bigger in size. If you don’t follow a healthy diet, your body will gain fat within 6-8 months. But if you follow a healthy lifestyle & eat healthy food, you can consider this treatment as a permanent solution.
The cost of therapy depends upon the level of the problem. It also varies depending upon the reason for treatment, experience & expertise of your doctor. The cost varies from 2000-75000 depending upon several factors.