The immobility of people with disabilities and limited opportunities for daily life and self-care complicate the work of a nurse. The impossibility of free movement leads to a lot of physiological and psychological problems, but experienced personnel are able to solve them. Any household chores, changing clothes and washing, moving around the room cause difficulties, but they can be solved. The psychology of disabled children since childhood has been affected and requires a delicate attitude. In case of byta assistansbolag you will have to go for it.
Often relatives cannot take over the custody of the disabled, as:
- Themselves have a health problem
- Their work schedule is uncomfortable
- They do not have medical knowledge.
- There is no desire to put an end to one’s own life.
The solution will be hired nursing staff who are aware of the particularities of servicing this type of patient.
What is included in the concept of disability:
A person cannot fully perform the daily chores of self-service and housekeeping.This may be a disability by hearing, vision, health disorders in terms of walking, speaking, awareness.
How to draw up patronage over a disabled person
The registration procedure is an important part of caring for a disabled person when you legally confirm your intentions to care for and help a sick person.
Guardianship authorities will require your documents for patronage of a patient of the 1st group:
Applications for the desire to take custody of you and the disabled person
You provide information about your financial capabilities.
Information about the absence of a criminal record
- A certified medical document confirming your mental health.
- Evidence that your living space is ready for the placement of the ward.
The most common examples of disabilities are:
- Hearing deficiency
- Visual impairment
- Physical disability
See in this article a list of deficiencies and learn more about each one.
Tips for good care for people with disabilities
When you want to communicate with a deaf person, get their attention by signaling with your hands or touching their arm.
Always respect your pace. These are usually slow in doing, walking, talking and other situations.
You will need patience when you do not understand your speech, listen to it and, if you do not understand your speech, ask it to repeat to you slowly.
Do not treat her like a child or incapacitated.
- Try to follow the person’s step.
- If you think she is struggling, offer help and ask how to proceed.
- Keep crutches or walking sticks always close to the person.
- Whenever you are talking to a person in a wheelchair, try to face them and at the same level as your eyes.
- Remember, when pushing someone sitting in a wheelchair and stopping to talk to someone else, turn the chair around in front of the conversation so that the wheelchair can also participate in the conversation as well.
- Ask for permission to move the wheelchair.
In emergencies, people with disabilities require proper care. Consequently, employees of commercial establishments must act correctly on these occasions and be prepared.
Disabled people must be informed when the emergency alarm sounds, especially the hearing impaired, in which case they must be audible and luminous.Employees need to be trained to assist people with any type of disability in emergencies.